[x264-devel] x264_mc_function_t in PPC

Mauricio Alvarez alvarez at ac.upc.edu
Wed Feb 23 20:35:27 CET 2005

Hi all.

I am working on a performance analysis of the H.264 coding for HD video
on the PowerPC architecture (Mac-OSX on a G5). I am using the x264 video
encoder because is faster than JM reference code and also because it has
good altivec optimizations.

But with the repository modifications of the last week I can not compile
the code (with gcc-3.3.3) in my machine because a problem related with
type definitions of some pointer to functions.

in common/ppc/mc.h is declared:
void x264_mc_altivec_init( x264_mc_function_t pf[2] );

But the type x264_mc_function_t is not declared anywhere and also the
declaration of MC_LUMA  and MC_CHROMA are missing.

I can compile the code introducing the definition of x264_mc_function_t
and MC_LUMA  and MC_CHROMA from a previous version of the code, But I
dont know if these declarations were removed or changed for some
specific reason.

Thanks for your help

Mauricio Alvarez