[x264-devel] Re: x264 can't read large file

Tuukka Toivonen tuukkat at ee.oulu.fi
Fri Jul 15 11:17:21 CEST 2005

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005, [utf-8] Måns Rullgård wrote:

> The proper way is to use
>fopen64, fseek64, etc,

Nah... I don't even have manual pages for those :(

> or build with _LARGEFILE_SOURCE and _FILEOFFSET_BITS=64.

I'd recommend this instead, then it should work with
systems without the 64-bit variants. Some functions
need to be replaced though:
  fseek -> fseeko
  long -> off_t
  ftell -> ftello

A wrapper should be made for these functions as they aren't available
on anything older than glibc2.1 (man fseeko).

All this leaves me just to wonder why I just didn't
provide patch instead on explaining all this =)