[x264-devel] Re: test results: threading/slices

Tuukka Toivonen tuukkat at ee.oulu.fi
Fri Jul 22 12:25:50 CEST 2005

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Tuukka Toivonen wrote:

>Well... I could send you the scripts... tomorrow...

Here they are. But I'm too busy to make a nice
interface/tutorial as how it works... but
here are the brief instructions, for the rest,
read the source.

1)
Download my yuvtools:
http://www.ee.oulu.fi/%7Etuukkat/tmp/yuvtools.tar.gz
Extract, compile if needed.
You'll need "avinfo" and "yuvcmp" programs.
(some programs need quicktime libs, but you won't need them)

2)
Install Mencoder with x264 somewhere.

3)
Download my test scripts:
http://www.ee.oulu.fi/%7Etuukkat/mplayer/tests/x264test4/testscripts.tar.gz
Create an empty directory for it,
go into that directory, and extract the package.

4)
Edit paths in test.sh files, in particular:

# Mencoder path
MENC="/usr/local/bin/mencoder"

# Path where your test videos are
FILENAME_PATH="/video/test"

# Test video resolution
WIDTH=640
HEIGHT=480

# List of the test video names
LIST_FILENAME="test1 test2 test3 test4 test5 test6 test7 test8 test9 test10 test11 test12"

Also change path for the "avinfo" and "yuvcmp" programs.