[x264-devel] Re: [patch] matroska writing

Mike Matsnev mike at po.cs.msu.su
Fri Jul 22 19:03:48 CEST 2005

Laurent Aimar wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 09, 2005, Mike Matsnev wrote:
>>I've made a patch to write directly to matroska from x264, it is
>>available at http://haali.cs.msu.ru/mkv/x264-mkv.patch. The code
>>does not require any external libraries. The patch also contains
>>a couple of lines needed to compile x264 on NetBSD.
>>It would be nice if someone commits this.
>
>  Matroska part applied. Thanks :))
> (Could you check if everything is fine ?)

There is one wrong conditional at the end of write_nalu_mkv():
!write_header_mkv(p_mkv) should be write_header_mkv(p_mkv) < 0
This bug was present in my original patch, but doesnt cause any
noticeable effect because the return value from p_write_nalu is
not checked for errors in the encoder loop.

/Mike