[x264-devel] Re: [patch] quant_4x4 and quant_8x8 mmx versions

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 13:49:32 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 7/27/05, Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Tested with mencoder defaults except 4x4mv, with 500 frames, averaged
> with 3 runs:
> without patch: 39.43s
> with patch: 39.27s
> that's a 0.4% speed-up.
> The machine is an AMD-64 2800+ s754 in IA-32 mode.

Please forget about this benchmark. It was completely bogus as I had
failed to notice that the library is static.

With 4x4mv + subq=3 (and all MEncoder defaults), I get a 9.8% speed-up
and with 4x4mv + subq=5 (and all MEncoder defaults), the speed-up is
4.8%

Sorry for the trouble, but thanks for the patch! :)

Regards,

Guillaume
--
I feel sorry for people who don't drink.
When they wake up in the morning, that's