[x264-devel] A tutorial about how to compile x264 in mingw. I tried and it worked!

Xie Bo bxie at sjtu.edu.cn
Mon Mar 14 05:33:23 CET 2005

Hello,

    I have trouble about compiling x264 source code in mingw and posted in this maillist. Thanks champ yen very much for his reply and helps! Now I find a tutorial from mplayer about how to compile x264 project in MinGW, and I followed the steps successfuly!

-----------Original document from http://www2.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32-beta/contrib/MPlayer-MinGW-Howto.txt
Step 5 lame, xvid and x264

Get the nasm sources from

tar -xvvzf nasm-0.98.38.tar.gz
cd nasm-0.98.38
./configure --prefix=c:/mingw
make
mkdir c:/mingw/man/man1
make install
cd

Install lame from http://lame.sourceforge.net/download/download.html
tar -xvvzf lame-3.96.1.tar.gz
cd lame-3.96.1
./configure --prefix=c:/mingw --disable-shared --disable-decoder
make
make install
cd

Now get http://www.xvid.org/downloads.html
tar -xvvzf xvidcore-1.0.3.tar.gz
cd xvidcore-1.0.3/build/generic
./configure --prefix=c:/mingw --disable-shared
make
make install
mv c:/mingw/lib/xvidcore.a c:/mingw/lib/libxvidcore.a

Get x264 svn checkout from videolan.org. Either use cygwin svn client or
download official ziped win32 binaries from
http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=91.
Unpack and copy all files in /bin somewhere into your PATH, e.g. /mingw/bin

svn co svn://svn.videolan.org/x264/trunk x264
cd x264/build/cygwin
make
cp bin/libx264.a /mingw/lib
cd ../../