[x264-devel] Re: x264 for g++ compiler on r239

Bill May wmay at cisco.com
Wed May 25 15:33:49 CEST 2005

Måns Rullgård wrote:
> There's no reason to compile C code with a C++ compiler.  A separate
> C++ wrapper is a much better solution.  Those casts required by C++
> are actually a bad thing to do in C, as they will hide some potential
> errors.

There's really no need for a wrapper class - the apis are very
straight forward, the code is very self contained (no statics, no
use of global variables).  I call the library from c++ code for mpeg4ip.

What would be nice is:

#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" {
#endif

#ifdef __cplusplus
}
#endif

around the function calls.  I accomplish that today by putting it
around "#include <x264.h>"

Bill May