[x264-devel] How to set slice size in encoder?

Shantanu Gramsci shantanu_khan at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 01:22:30 CET 2005

Hello,

I am new to x264 encoder.

In my application, if encoder generated slice's size
is less then a specific limit [for example: 1300
bytes], the slice is put in a Single NAL Unit for RTP
packetization. If slice size crosses that limit, it is
fragmented in multiple Fragmentation Unit.

Is there any possible way to specify MAX SLICE SIZE in
the encoder so that encoder never generates slices
larger than the specific limit? If possible please let
me know. My ultimate intention is to use Single NAL
Unit for all slices.

This slice limit can be set in JM10.0 encoder.

Thanks in advance

Shantanu