[x264-devel] X264 Decoder

Heejune AHN heejune at snut.ac.kr
Tue Nov 8 07:01:08 CET 2005

Hi,  I am Heejune, quite new to this project, but I have experience with MPEG-2, MPEG-4  codecs.
After I found X264 is one of fast h264 codec in public domain, I am doing hard to catch up the progress.
Several question on the Decoder here.

   -  How is going with the decoder part? why Encoder first ?
       Any due date for decoder part? We need decoder before the end of this year.
       So I am working hard  for this.
   -  In your X264 web site, we do have unofficial version of decoder (by some guys).
       I tried to use it in my machine, but failed. ^^;;

   - When I compiled the libx264 with decoder part c coded, it doesnot compile successfully.
      Of course, without decoder.c and macroblock.c, the libx264.lib compiles well and the encoder works corectly.

   - Any one tried it in ARM-9 (PXA255) ? how it works? how fast it is? Can it encode more than 10 frames (QCIF)?

Thanks.
Heejune, H264 Decoder Hungry developer,