[x264-devel] Re: License of x264 and request from users

bond b-o-n-d at gmx.net
Tue Nov 15 13:02:29 CET 2005

I am not a dev of x264, but i made lots of comparisons of it to basically
all publically existing commercial encoders and i have the opinion that x264
is one of the best avc encoders existing, quality and speedwise

i think the devs work is so good it shouldnt be given away "for free" to
commercial interests, which imho the lgpl means (yeah i know i am
exaggerating, but thats how i see it)