[x264-devel] non mod16 res and alternative colorspaces for x264

Czarek Kwasny gfxmaniac at tlen.pl
Mon Oct 10 12:34:38 CEST 2005

I'd like to ask whether future x264 bulids are going to support mod 8
resolutions. Right now it's only mod 16 compatible. Is it going to
change? I'd would be great to have 1920x1080 resolution available for
h.264 compression. I read about frame_cropping_flag in h.264
documentation. Would it be possible to implement the function in further
x264 bulids?

Also the second question: What about alternative colorspaces for High
Profile? x264 supports lossless coding which is great for archival
purposes, but it allows only YV12 as input, this makes the orginal
material already dostorted because of the colorspace conversion. Would
it be possible to make x264 support YUV 4:4:4 colorspace so the full
information is stored?

--
Czarek Kwasny
http://gfx.artivo.pl/