[x264-devel] [patch] disable optimization in debug build

Johannes Ballé johannes.balle at rwth-aachen.de
Wed Aug 16 17:25:32 CEST 2006

Hi,

I don't know if it's generally desired, but here's a patch that simply
disables optimization if configured with --enable-debug.

For my setup (gcc 3.4.6, gdb 6.4) it seems gdb is not able to handle the
optimized code properly all the way down to, but not including, -O1. It could
well be due to a specific optimization setting or a bug in one of the tools,
but I don't have the time to track this down. Take it or leave it.

Regards

--
Johannes Ballé
RWTH Aachen University