[x264-devel] Re: r555

Andrea Barbieri andrea.barbieri at movingimageresearch.com
Fri Aug 18 17:00:44 CEST 2006

it seems a pity that a successful multi-platform project needs to take
this stance of in practice limiting itself to just one specific compiler
(and possibly versions subset).

I'm sure you are all aware that ISO C99 features are not available in many
commercial C(/C++) compilers and even GCC is not fully compliant:
http://gcc.gnu.org/c99status.html

why not simply avoid them altogether and just adhere to C89?

best regards
andrea

LM:=Loren Merritt

--