[x264-devel] Re: r555

Andrea Barbieri andrea.barbieri at movingimageresearch.com
Sat Aug 19 00:00:36 CEST 2006

BL:=Benjamin Larsson

BL> Andrea Barbieri wrote:
BL>
BL> >it seems a pity that a successful multi-platform project needs to take
BL> >this stance of in practice limiting itself to just one specific compiler
BL> >(and possibly versions subset).
BL> >
BL> >
BL> Have you tried with the Intel C compiler ?

I don't have (yet) the latest bleeding edge version (9.x). With old
versions (5.x, 6.x and 7.x) these C99 features are not supported.

BL> >I'm sure you are all aware that ISO C99 features are not available in many
BL> >commercial C(/C++) compilers and even GCC is not fully compliant:
BL> >http://gcc.gnu.org/c99status.html
BL> >
BL> >why not simply avoid them altogether and just adhere to C89?
BL> >
BL> >
BL> Well I would rather complain to Microsoft for not updating their
BL> C-compiler. They do update their C++ compiler to standards.

see:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=393582&SiteID=1

and

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=120858&SiteID=1

the last post in this thread lists the supported C99 features in VC8.0
(aka VC2005)

--
Andrea Barbieri
KeyID=0x034DFD5A