[x264-devel] Re: Legal Status

Dmitriy Vatolin dmitriy at graphics.cs.msu.ru
Fri Aug 18 23:22:06 CEST 2006

Hello Alex,

   Wonderful answer!

   Also it's reasonable to say, that MPEG-LA for H.264 has better
   condition, than for MPEG-4 for example. Also it's not necessary to
   pay (but necessary to register) if your sales less then 50000 (AFAIR
   - it's necessary to check this), so it's solvable question.

   BTW - we sent to Loren Merritt our test of x264 for review, hope you
   received it.

Yours,
 Dr. Vatolin

--