[x264-devel] Re: non monotone timestamps...

Baptiste COUDURIER baptiste.coudurier at smartjog.com
Wed Aug 30 17:26:24 CEST 2006

Hi

bond wrote:

>>> libavformat doesn't support bpyramid.
>> do you know why? no i am not aware of an issue with bpyramid and lavf
>> just mencoder + bframes
>
> the ctts atom isnt created correctly when using b-pyramid with x264
> outputting to .mp4, therefore ffmpeg is not able to create spec compliant
> mp4 files when using b-pyramid (normal b-frames are fine)
>
> x264's own tool handles this fine

'ctts' atom is actually created correctly. If a problem resides, it is
most likely cause pts and/or dts of the packets are incorrect.

Problem with B pyramid is just that lavf will not let packets pass since
they have non monotone timestamps as mentioned in the first post of the
thread.

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312