[x264-devel] I want to know the license of x264

tabler tabler at mqsys.jp
Fri Dec 1 13:05:40 CET 2006

Dear who may it concern,

We develop the software for supporting e-learnning system in JAPAN

We are interest in using the X264 Video Codec.

We wanna support it the H264 format when user using the our software makes
the avi file, at this time user will setup the X264 Video Codec himself, our
software just encodes the avi file by using VFW.

In case, Do we have to pay it ?

If we do it, how much will we pay it?

If we just open the source of encoding module,  but should we pay?

Please, let us know how much, to pay or not

Thank you for your kind concern.

Best regards,

Dustin Park