[x264-devel] build with Visual Studio 2005

I.Mockford at surrey.ac.uk I.Mockford at surrey.ac.uk
Wed Dec 6 12:58:05 CET 2006

Sorry, a very newbie question.

I have just started to try to build x264 with Visual Studio 2005.

There does not seem to be a "solution" (.sln) file for this version of
Visual Studio (i.e. 2005 aka v 8 )

Has anyone else managed this?

I relied on Visual Studio 2005 to "upgrade" from the v7 .sln,

But I'm having some problems building it and wanted to ask if anyone had
managed this, before I spent to long trying to fix the problems that
someone else might have solved.

(for the record, I got as far as adding nasm, and then was getting
"Compiling...

1>dct-c.c

1>c1 : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file:
'..\..\common\i386\dct-c.c': No such file or directory"

)

I would be gratedful for any tips,

Thanks

Ian