[x264-devel] Re: the difference between IDR and I frames

shauli.rozen at gmail.com shauli.rozen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 09:16:27 CET 2006

but , do I know that none of the following frames will use a frame prior to
this I
frame as a reference?

Also . I see that there is a clipping of the min_key_int , so that it won't
be larger
then (max_key_int/2+1) , is that something from the standard ? I looked for
it
but did not see it , can't I use a strict GOP size like -  min_key_int ==
max_key_int == 30 ?

that is , if a scene cut is detected in the middle of the GOP use always I
and not IDR
frame.

A bit of explanations about how a scene cut is detected will also help me a
lot.

thanks !