[x264-devel] I know there is no strait answer to this ..

shauli.rozen at gmail.com shauli.rozen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 16:51:02 CET 2006

I am trying to decide what bit rate to give for each resolution , I know
that is
really content dependent but I thought that maybe some one can give me a
"finger rule"

for example I would think that for "normal" motion:

10 fps qcif - 30kbps-50kbps = reasonable quality , 50kbps-100kbps = good
quality
10 fps cif - 120-150kbps = reasonable quality , 150-250kbps = good quality

I would appreciate any opinions on this subject. thanks experts!!