[x264-devel] Re: how does the decoder know the time stemps

shauli.rozen at gmail.com shauli.rozen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 12:59:35 CET 2006

I see what you mean about the muxer givving the time stemps ( when it builds
the container file)
but , when I test the bitstream that comes out from the x264 encoder ( not
muxed ) threw a player
(I use moonlight codec packedge with the media player) It plays with the
correct fps , I assume
that it calculates the the time to display each from , by the fps. Is that
so?