[x264-devel] Re: VUI timing info issue

Måns Rullgård mru at inprovide.com
Wed Jan 18 15:53:21 CET 2006

shauli.rozen at gmail.com said:
>>>The problem is that some other encoders and decoders are making the same
>>>mistake.
> that is right , I have seen some decoders and encoders that work like we do
> , just lately I see some
> that play the raw h264 bitstream with half the bitrate.

ITYM frame rate.

Which players have you tested, and what did you find?  I think we should be
following the spec, even if it initially will lead to some players getting
the frame rate wrong.  For libavcodec, we could easily check for signatures
from known encoders when decoding, and adjust the frame rate as needed.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru at inprovide.com