[x264-devel] Re: VUI timing info issue

Måns Rullgård mru at inprovide.com
Wed Jan 18 16:25:35 CET 2006

shauli.rozen at gmail.com said:
> I first tried the moonlight codec and it worked fine. Just recently I tried
> elecard , which apparently follows the standard and thus resulting in half the
> frame rate.

OK.  For the record, the Moonlight codec was developed by Elecard.  Moonlight
no longer exists, and Elecard has been taken over by Mainconcept.  The codec
from Mainconcept labeled version 2 is the same Elecard codec under a new name,
and shares nothing with earlier Mainconcept codecs.  The old Moonlight codec
uses the VUI timing info the same way as x264 does currently (i.e. incorrectly),
which is why I originally wrote it like that in x264.  The new
Moonlight/Elecard/Mainconcept codec appears to follow the spec.

Does anyone have info about other current codecs (Nero, Ateme, Apple, ...)?
I'd like to get this fixed once and for all.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru at inprovide.com