[x264-devel] Re: VUI timing info issue

Loren Merritt lorenm at u.washington.edu
Wed Jan 18 20:13:47 CET 2006

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, Mns Rullgrd wrote:
> shauli.rozen at gmail.com said:
>> I first tried the moonlight codec and it worked fine. Just recently I tried
>> elecard , which apparently follows the standard and thus resulting in half the
>> frame rate.
>
> Does anyone have info about other current codecs (Nero, Ateme, Apple, ...)?
> I'd like to get this fixed once and for all.

Nero, Apple, and JM don't put vui timing info into their encoded streams.
AFAIK Nero and Apple don't provide a raw .264 file parser, so they will
always have container timestamps to override anything in the vui.
JM of course isn't a player, so it doesn't care about framerate when decoding.
MP4Box always defaults to 25fps regardless of what the input file says.

--Loren Merritt