[x264-devel] Re: Extracting the CABAC coder from x264 sources ?

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 14:51:36 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 7/5/06, Hautbois Jean-Michel <Jean-Michel.Hautbois at thomson.net> wrote:
> Hi everybody !
> I wondered if it is possible to extract the cabac encoder from the x264
> sources, in order to use it in a different project ?
> There is no commercial use in the background, but a research project.
> If it is possible, can anyone help me extract the required files and
> tell me what should be passed to which function, etc. ?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help !

I guess the most important parts are in encoder/cabac.c. You may wanna
have a look at ffmpeg's cabac implementation which can work on its own
if you activate the debug/self-test code. AFAIK, it only consists on a
.c and .h and.

Guillaume
--
"If God had wanted us to vote, he would have given us candidates."
  - Jay Leno