[x264-devel] Re: Older sources (or Missing b_cbr)

Robert Swain robert.swain at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 18:02:12 CEST 2006

Alan Larkin wrote:
> svn://svn.videolan.org/x264/? I did look but I only see trunk ... but
> then Im not experienced with svn so perhaps Im just doing it wrong?

$ svn help co
checkout (co): Check out a working copy from a repository.
usage: checkout URL[@REV]... [PATH]

[...]

Valid options:
   -r [--revision] arg      : ARG (some commands also take ARG1:ARG2 range)
                              A revision argument can be one of:
                                 NUMBER       revision number
                                 "{" DATE "}" revision at start of the date
                                 "HEAD"       latest in repository
                                 "BASE"       base rev of item's working copy
                                 "COMMITTED"  last commit at or before BASE
                                 "PREV"       revision just before COMMITTED

So:

$ svn co svn://svn.videolan.org/x264/trunk x264 -r536

(The x264 just puts it in a dir called x264 rather than the default name which
would be trunk.) That seems to work for me anyway.

Rob