[x264-devel] alignment of arrays in common/quant.c

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 18:35:52 CEST 2006

Hello,
I'd like to implement some, if not all routines in common/quant.c in
Altivec. I saw that there are only MMX versions and no SSE version of
these routines (which don't care about load alignments), so the
respective alignment of the input arrays isn't quite obvious to me.
As I'm a beginner in Altivec programming, I'd prefer not to have to
deal with unaligned loads if possible.
Other than that, is there a particular reason why there's no SSE
version of quant.c routines (other than because no one wrote them?)

Cheers,
Guillaume
--
Conditional branch execution in SIMD vector processors are patented! :
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4435758.html