[x264-devel] Response from a vendor

Peter Maersk-Moller peter at maersk-moller.net
Wed Jun 21 12:12:09 CEST 2006

Hi

I'm trying to find a suitable Set Top Box to display my streams,
which are created using mp4live (MPEG4IP) and x264. However
a possible STB vendor has some problems showing my streams
suggetings me to use Envivios encoder.

Does anyone here know a little bit about compability between
x264 and Envivio or Main Concept ?

I suspect the STB vendor is missing implementing some of the H.264
elements that x264 is supporting, but still investigating.

Anyone got a comment ?

 > As a result of our tuning your encoded H.264 stream, unfortunately
 > it is not easy for us to make it compatible because your encoded
 > stream is not commonly available. Furthermore we have so far met
 > our compatibility to Main Concept(Germany) and Envivio(Canada)
 > both which are very commonly useful and standard. As you know each
 > Encoder vendor has a little different point. So IP-STB is
 > dependency on Encoder vendor.
 >
 > It is recommended that you may use the standard encoder, and Envivio
 > encoder has been updated as v2.0 of standard. Of course we have so
 > far tried out best to met to your encoded H.264 stream but we have
 > to modify quite some parts for you. Very sorry but we hope you would
 > take into consideraton about update of encoder

Kind regards

--PMM