[x264-devel] Re: Response from a vendor

Peter Maersk-Moller peter at maersk-moller.net
Thu Jun 22 01:18:07 CEST 2006

Hi Andrea.

Thats right. Currently I'm unable to change the DAR (or SAR for x264) on-the-fly
as MPEG-2 does with a new STATE-SEQUENCE. With x264, I have to restart the stream
and that is a serious limitation if you you are using x264 to deliver live TV as I do.

On the other hand, the user can change it manually with a player like VLC,
but thats not quite satisfying in the long run.