[x264-devel] Re: x264 improvement

Andrea Gianarro giandrea at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 12:48:31 CET 2006

On 3/13/06, David Wolstencroft <lordrpi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Eric,
>
> I might have mentioned before that I have some faster altivec code
> for the G4/G5, yet I'm a bit nervous to incorporate it due to my
> employer. If you would like to add it "silently", that would be great.

I think you should remember that x264 is released under the GPL and
any changes and improvements to it must be released as source code.
Your employer would be violating the GPL and risking legal actions if
he would block you from releasing the source of a modified version of
x264. And please, consider us, Mac users, too... we would appreciate
too! ;)
bye,

giandrea