[x264-devel] Re: Compilation problem with x264 on Dual Opteron setup

Pedro Tumusok pedro.tumusok at gmail.com
Wed May 3 01:20:48 CEST 2006

On 5/2/06, Pedro Tumusok <pedro.tumusok at gmail.com> wrote:

> Seems the problem was that we where running Debian Sarge which is 32bit
> and compiled x264 as 64 bit.
> Did a reinstall of the server from the testing/etch and  then the msg
> above went away.
> But now we get the following msgs from VLC, I know its not just x264, but
> if anybody got any pointers, it would be appreciated.
>
> cannot load module `/usr/local/lib/vlc/codec/libx264_plugin.so' (
> libx264.so.46: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

Okay the solution was to add /usr/local/lib to the /etc/ld.so.conf file and
run ldconfig. Then a re-compile of x264 and VLC and it worked.

--
Best regards / Mvh
Jan Pedro Tumusok

Another fella told me, he had a sister who looked just fine.
Instead of bein' my deliv'rance, she had a strange resemblance
To a cat named Frankenstein