[x264-devel] Re: NAL order inside access unit is not correct

Loïc Le Loarer lll+vlc at m4x.org
Wed May 10 19:27:32 CEST 2006

Le Wednesday 10 May 2006 à 09:54:54 -0700, Loren Merritt a écrit:
> On Wed, 10 May 2006, Loïc Le Loarer wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >According to the H.264 norm, the order of NAL inside an access unit
> >should be SPS, PPS, SEI, VCL but x264 is outputing the user data SEI
> >before the SPS and the PPS.
> >
> >Here is a patch which is correcting this.
> >
> >Best regards.
>
> Where does it say this? I'm looking at
> 7.4.1.2.3 Order of NAL units and coded pictures and association to access
> units,
> and I fail to see such a constraint.

Well, you are right, I interpreted the badly the list of NAL type
describing the start of an access unit.

There are dependencies between some SEI message types and the SPS, so
they should be ordered correctly in order to allow starting at the
middle of a stream efficiently and I mixed the constraints in my mind.
But it isn't the case for user data, so there should be no problem with
the current order.

Sorry.

--
Loïc