[x264-devel] [Alex Izvorski <aizvorski at auroras.tv>] [ANNOUNCE] interlaced encoding patch for x264

System administration admin at via.ecp.fr
Tue May 23 20:29:43 CEST 2006

----- Forwarded message from Alex Izvorski <aizvorski at auroras.tv> -----

From: Alex Izvorski <aizvorski at auroras.tv>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 22:25:53 -0700
To: x264-devel at videolan.org
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] interlaced encoding patch for x264
	SPF_HELO_PASS,SUPERLONG_LINE,UNIFIED_PATCH autolearn=failed
	version=3.0.3

The deleted attachment is at:
    <http://www.videolan.org/~admin/20060523-videolan/patch>

Hello,

I am pleased to announce the initial release of interlaced support for
x264.  This was written by me with invaluable help from Loren Merritt
for Auroras Entertainment LLC.

Current status:
- fixed interlacing only, no PAFF/MBAFF yet
- all analysis modes and all motion estimation options work
- multiple ref frames work
- CABAC and CAVLC work
- no B-frames
- no trellis
- possibly other options don't work: mixed refs, RDO, B-pyramid

Some more information is in the included README.interlacing file.

The patch is relative to x264 r523 from svn, it may not apply cleanly
to the latest version.  The patch is copyright Auroras Entertainment
LLC, 2006 and released under the same terms as x264 (GPL v2 or later).

We would like to support further efforts to develop interlacing, please
get in touch with me if you would like to be involved.

Enjoy!

-Alex Izvorski

Alex Izvorski
Director of Software Engineering