[x264-devel] Re: [Mohsen Shaaban <mmm5554 at cacs.louisiana.edu>] RE: Re: Using I-frame instead of IDR

jogging song joggingsong at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 15:07:57 CET 2006

Hi, Shaaban
      I haven't caught what you said.
First, you want to transcode mpeg2 bitstram to h.264 bitstream.
Second, the paper introduced an method which can reduce bit-rate of mpeg2
bitstream in frequency-domain,
    In the paper, the author just changed QP to do bit-rate reduction and
didn't use rate control.
Third, you hope to see the effect of requantization error.
    Bitrate reduction will cause quality degrade which can be expressed with
PSNR.
    You mean you want to do bit-reduction with rate control?
Best Regards.
Liwei Song