[x264-devel] linking error on Solaris

Wed Oct 4 21:58:08 CEST 2006

Hi,

when I try to build x264 on Solaris/Sparc, I get an undefined symbol
error during the last step:

[SNIP]
ranlib libx264.a
gcc -o x264 x264.o matroska.o muxers.o libx264.a -lm -lpthread -s
isfinite                            libx264.a(ratecontrol.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to x264
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake: *** [x264] Error 1

The code compiles fine under Linux/x86_64. I used the latest version
from SVN.

- Chris