[x264-devel] Re: Support for VFR in MP4 output

Tomas Carnecky tom at dbservice.com
Fri Oct 6 01:07:32 CEST 2006

Mike Matsnev wrote:
> You can encode to mkv, write pts to a separate text file, and apply vfr
> timestamps later on with mkvmerge.

I have very good chances that my video capture library will be used by
beryl (the compiz fork), that would mean far more 'normal' users without
knowledge about the (cmdline) video tools, and I can't expect them to
use mkvmerge for a such a simple task as converting the video to a
usable format so they can send to their friends or upload to youtube etc.

tom