[x264-devel] Re: try this

Loren Merritt lorenm at u.washington.edu
Sun Apr 1 05:26:56 CEST 2007

On Sun, 1 Apr 2007, Gianluigi Tiesi wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 10:32:01PM +0900, jojelino wrote:
>>
>> below is part of pixel-sse2.asm. i just added a line
>>
>> SECTION_RODATA
>>
>> + tempb: times 4 db 0
>> pw_1:    times 8 dw 1
>
> an ALIGN 16 is not enough?

ALIGN only affects the offset from the beginning of the section. pw_1 is
the first thing in the section, so it's offset 0, so it's already aligned.
The other way it could get misaligned is if your linker misaligns the
start of the section. But I already have an alignment attribute in the
definition of SECTION_RODATA, so that would mean your linker is broken.

You can't workaround it by adding a constant padding, because next time
some code changes in another file (or maybe just change compiler
flags) you'll need a different amount of padding.

--Loren Merritt