[x264-devel] P frame encoding waits for I to finish

karthik skarthikeyan_17 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 4 22:56:44 CEST 2007

hi,

1) In macroblock_analyse_init, can anyone explain why and what are we waiting for in the reference frame (x264_frame_cond_wait(  fref  )). ?

2) From the threads.txt file and from other discussions, there is a line given below:

"we have to ensure that any given macroblock uses motion vectors only from pieces of the reference frames that have been encoded already"

Why do we have to wait for the reference frames to be encoded? I am missing something about p-frame encoding.

karthik