[x264-devel] x264 encoding for streaming

Emanuele Fumagalli emanuele.fumagalli at babelnetworks.com
Tue Apr 17 12:26:32 CEST 2007

Hi all,
hope this is the right place to ask,
is it possible to encode videos in order to have the header at the beginning, what I found is that even using same x264 encoding on some videos the header is at the end of the file so it would not be possible for me to stream that.
Ar there any settings to use when encoding to make sure the video will be good for streaming (header at the beginning, no long jumps), I read there's an Extended Profile (XP) is that implemented in x264?
thanks for any help.