[x264-devel] Re: Bug with option DEBUG_BENCHMARK

Loren Merritt lorenm at u.washington.edu
Thu Apr 19 03:09:41 CEST 2007

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007, Son Minh Tran wrote:

> The version of x264 on 03/04/07 can not be compiled with the flag
> DEBUG_BENCHMARK because of the introduction of the new function
> x264_encoder_frame_end. I enclose here a possible solution to this problem

That only fixes the compile, it doesn't make the timers return correct
results. Does anyone use those timers anymore? I use libavcodec's timer
macros for benchmarking small chunks of code, and oprofile for global
stats.
So if DEBUG_BENCHMARK doesn't work now, I propose instead to remove it
unless I hear complaints.

--Loren Merritt