[x264-devel] compiling rdo.c

Fejes Dávid fejesd at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 23:46:28 CEST 2007

I'm a little confused, but i've a strange problem with compiling x264.
I've a special gcc compiler (it's name gcc-powerpc-eabi, but this is
not important), and it has found an error. And I mean, he has right.

rdo.c defines the bs_write, bs_write1, etc macros to override the real
bs_write, etc functions with a simple cost computation. Then it
includes the cavlc.c, what includes the common.h header file. The
common.h file includes the bs.h file, which has the declaration
bs_write, bs_write1.. functions again. Of course, bs_write, bs_write1
macros are definied, so the c precompiler replaces the function names
with the macros, and so the c compiler stops then with errors. I don't
understand, how it is possible that another c compilers eliminate
this. (I'm sorry about that, i'm not very advenced in c).

I've tried correct this error in bs.h, i toke the bs_write, bs_write1,
etc. functions between
#ifndef RDO_SKIP_BS
#endif
lines. It's possible that this will work? The compiler has no more
errors, the elf file is created, but i can't test it yet, because of I
have to design now some part of hardware (FPGA). I want to reduce the
number of possible errors while I start the real HW - SW test, so I'll
be very thankful if you can give me some explanation about this
problem.

Thank you for reading my long letter :)

--
Dávid Fejes