[x264-devel] bug in configure when using --enable-shared in r669

Benjamin Rosenblum ben at brosenblum.com
Sat Aug 18 01:32:05 CEST 2007

Not sure if this has been brought up or not, I didn't see anything when
I quickly looked just now.  I just tried to compile a new version from
the svn (r669) and ran into this so I figured I would report it just in
case.

When the command line options were moved to the top they were not
modified to allow the if statement on line 155 to work properly because
$ARCH is not set yet.  Because of this, pic="yes" is not enabled and the
build fails.  For reference my system is 64-bit linux (my own build not
a distro).

If I do --enable-pic it fixes this problem and the build works.  That if
statement could probably be modified slightly and moved from the cli
options to below where $ARCH is being declared to easily fix it.