[x264-devel] Bug Report/Help?

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 09:45:38 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 8/14/07, Kevin P. Jacobson <kevin at kjake.net> wrote:

> I am trying  to run x264 on a Xeon X3220 (Quad Core @ 2.40Ghz).  I am using
> the binaries at http://x264.nl and have tried the most recent (r669) all the
> way down to r654 without success.  My system usually reboots spontaneously,
> but sometimes it will just freeze.  I am running Windows Vista Ultimate and
> have 2GB of RAM (DDR800, Corsair).  I am going to run memtest86 on the
> computer tonight to rule out a memory problem, but I think this is related
> closer to my Quad Core processor and that is something that I don't know
> much about.

A userland process CANNOT possibly cause a reboot on a decent OS with
fully functional OS.
If it does, which I really doubt, it would be due to a bug in the OS
or in the hardware.

A RAM problem or insufficiently cooled hardware could be where your problem is.

Guillaume
--
A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.
 -- Napoleon Bonaparte