[x264-devel] out-of-range motion vectors

Foxy foxyshadis at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 1 12:33:22 CEST 2007

Gabriel Bouvigne wrote:
> List, Peter a écrit :
>
>> So, do you think the drift to enormous motion values is not an issue?
>>

> Don't get me wrong: I think that in some cases it is an issue, and that
> fixing this issue could potentially improve compressibility.

Not necessarily. I've been looking for the Doom9 thread, but it was
discussed in the context of interframe interpolation that the truest
motion of any given block may not correspond to the least residue or
most efficient coding. It's better for x264 to choose the most efficient
way to code a frame (and those it depends on) than to make the vectors
look pretty.