[x264-devel] b frame bias and first b frame

Gabriel Bouvigne gabriel.bouvigne at joost.com
Thu Aug 2 10:47:00 CEST 2007

Right now, we can see within x264_slicetype_analyse that b frame bias is
impacting decision to use b frames only from the second b in a row:

Choosing to insert a first B frame after a P/I is not influenced by b
frame bias, but if it is decided to insert a B, then the next b frames
decisions are impacted by b frame bias (ie: PB?, but not P?)

Shouldn't B frame bias also impact decision to insert the first B?

(no really sure about my wording within this mail)

--
Gabriel