[x264-devel] motion estimation and mode decisions hints

Anne Aaron anne at dyyno.com
Fri Dec 7 20:42:42 CET 2007

Hi ,

I'm starting to work on the x264 code and would like to find ways to reduce the ME/mode decision computation using external hints.

For example, if I have previous knowledge of the approximate motion of a specific region,  I would like to use a much smaller search range around that region, instead of initializing it at (0,0).
Is this possible with the current x264 motion estimation architecture?  Has anyone implemented this before?

Thanks,
Anne