[x264-devel] Re: Testing x264

Christian Bienia cbienia at cs.princeton.edu
Sat Feb 3 21:57:32 CET 2007

Hi,

On Saturday 03 February 2007 05:16 am, elispezzi at tiscali.it wrote:
> Where I can find any files (.y4m)  to test x264? Or a video converter
> to y4m format?

You can create your own input files using e.g. ffmpeg or mplayer. If you want
to test x264 with a "real" movie, I can recommend the uncompressed frames
from the open source movie "Elephants Dream". You can download them in
different resolutions from here: http://media.xiph.org/ED/

If you put them in a directory and rename them so they are numbered
contiguously starting with 001, you can use ffmpeg to merge them to a YUV
input video as follows:

ffmpeg -f image2 -i %03d.png -pix_fmt yuv420p rawvideo.y4m

- Chris