[x264-devel] [Ian Caulfield <ian.caulfield at gmail.com>] Patch for HD DVD bitstream compliance

Lists administration videolan at lists.videolan.org
Sun Jan 7 15:12:06 CET 2007

The deleted attachment is at:
    <http://lists.videolan.org/attachs/20070107/x264_hrd.patch>

----- Forwarded message from Ian Caulfield <ian.caulfield at gmail.com> -----

Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 21:01:07 +0000
From: Ian Caulfield <ian.caulfield at gmail.com>
To: x264-devel at videolan.org
Subject: Patch for HD DVD bitstream compliance
	RCVD_BY_IP,SPF_HELO_PASS,UNIFIED_PATCH autolearn=failed version=3.0.3

Hi,

I've attached a patch to add the ability to encode NAL HRD parameters into the
output bitstream, allowing the streams produced by x264 to be imported into
Scenarist HD. The patch changes three things:

 - encode NAL HRD info in bitstream if b_nal_hrd is set
 - move the version info SEI header after the SPS and PPS headers (required for
Scenarist to identify the stream as an H264 ES)
 - fix a small bug in bitstream_write (on x86 a right shift of more than 32
bits actually shifts by the shift amount mod 32, rather than returning 0)

The cpb_initial_removal_delay calculation is currently a bit of a fudge - I
wasn't sure of the correct way to work out the value, but using the time it
will take to fill the VBV buffer to vbv_buffer_init at vbv_max_bitrate seems to
produce sane looking figures...

As this is my first patch for x264, I welcome any comments, even critical ones
:)

Thanks,
Ian

----- End forwarded message -----