[x264-devel] Re: Linux Pthread Debug Problem.

Måns Rullgård mru at inprovide.com
Tue Jan 23 11:36:00 CET 2007

Loren Merritt said:
> On Tue, 23 Jan 2007, Hao Shen wrote:
>
>> When I run the x264 code in linux platform with pthread support, it
>> looks ok. But when I debug the code and enter the thread, it always
>> report segmentation fault.
>>
>> Does the x264 linux code use the kernal thread and do not support gdb debug?
>> My platform is two Dual core Xeon server.
>
> Works For Me.
> I had no idea that one could make a program incompatible with gdb.

Some of my programs invariably get an almost instantaneous SIGSEGV under gdb.
It appears to have something to do with pthreads.  Running normally, or under
valgrind, everything is perfect.  I haven't tried running x264 under gdb, so
I can't say if it's the same problem, but I can confirm that there are issues
with gdb and pthreads.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru at inprovide.com