[x264-devel] Re: [Griffith Rees <griff.rees at gmail.com>] Re: Re: Problems compiling xubuntu ppc

Pedro Tumusok pedro.tumusok at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 10:51:06 CET 2007

On 1/24/07, Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 1/23/07, Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Attached patch allows to go even further in compilation, so that you
> > should have this message instead:
> >
> > gcc -O4 -ffast-math  -Wall -I. -D__X264__ -DHAVE_MALLOC_H -maltivec
>
> [..]
>
> Attached patch fixes all compilation issues on Linux, and pass
> regression tests on both Linux and OSX. It needs to be applied on top
> of a current, clean svn checkout.

I got a japanese PS3 running Gentoo, would it be of any use if tried to
compile x264 on it?
Or is the CELL PPE the same as a normal PPC when it comes to altivec?

--
Best regards / Mvh
Jan Pedro Tumusok

Back when I had a little I thought that I needed a lot
A little was over rated, but a lot was a little too complicated
You see-Zero didn't satisfy me. A million didn't make me happy
That's when I learned a lesson. That it's all about your perception